Adult Basic Education Programs
High School Equivalency Diploma Preparation Classes
RVR currently offers high school equivalency diploma preparation classes in several Southeastern Indiana communities. Earning a high school equivalency diploma is the first step in continuing your education in college or post-secondary training and also prepares you for career advancement.
Classes are offered FREE of charge in Dearborn, Franklin, Jefferson, Ohio, Ripley, and Switzerland counties. Classes are offered at convenient times and online instruction is also available.
Classes are self-paced and taught by certified instructors to help achieve your goals. In class, you will:
- Learn at your own level and place.
- Receive personal instruction.
- Prepare for test requirements in writing, reading, social studies, science, and mathematics.
- Improve communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
To enroll, learners must attend an orientation to assess their academic levels and design their educational plan. Call RVR's hotline at 855-591-7849 to learn more. Indianapolis/Marion County residents interested in high school equivalency preparation classes should call RVR's Indianapolis office at 317-924-3222.
Resources and Links:
Adult Literacy Tutoring
RVR also offers adult literacy tutoring in Franklin and Jefferson Counties:
- Eligible for this program if pre-test scores for ABE Program indicate a need for individual assistance.
- Free one-on-one tutoring offered at convenient times in several locations.
- Tutoring sessions will prepare a student to move into the High School Equivalency classroom.
- Online tool available to do work on your own
Adult Literacy Tutoring Contacts:
Polly Brown, Teacher, Literacy Coordinator
Upper Room Education Center
1250 Franklin Avenue
Brookville, IN 47012
Tracy Geglein, Literacy Coordinator
215 E. Main Street, Suite 1
Madison, IN 47250